Pick n Pay Bursaries are only for the dependents of Pick n Pay employees. Students who received a Pick n Pay bursary in 2013 should not apply. A bursary renewal form will be sent to them by the end of September. Only new applicants or applicants whose applications were not previously successful and who satisfy the following criteria will be considered:
Please note that the allocation of bursaries on the basis of the June 2013 results (or official progress reports in the case of year courses/modules) will be provisional.
Please remember to upload copies of the following proofing documents:
a. A copy of your June exam results or an appropriate progress report if no examination was written.
b. A copy of your Matric / NSC results.
c. Two testimonials: The first by a responsible educational official like your principal or lecturer and the other by your spiritual leader or any other community leader.
d. A payslip of your parent who is a Pick n Pay employee.
e. A copy of your South African ID.
Pick n Pay will be provided with a list of applicants to confirm that at least one of your parents is a Pick n Pay employee.
The Studietrust should confirm if the applicant is successful by the end of December in the form of an e-mail.
Applicants could either complete the online application form or request a hardcopy application form to be sent by e-mail or surface mail.
· For applying online, please this link. Indicate in the relevant space that you are applying for a Peregrine bursary.
· For receiving an application form by e-mail, please request one in one of two ways:
o sms the word STUDY and your surname, initials and e-mail address to 31022. Standard rates apply.
· download an application form from the Studietrust website.
· For requesting a hardcopy application form to be sent to you by surface mail, you may select any of the following methods:
o sms the word STUDY and your surname, initials, postal address and postal code to 31022. Standard rates apply.
o send a letter with your surname, initials, postal address and postal code to: The National Director, Studietrust, PO Box 29192, Melville, 2109.
· The closing date for requesting an application form is 31 August.
· The closing date for submitting your completed application form with all supporting documents is 30 September. This deadline applies to all modes of application.
Acknowledgement of receipt
Studietrust (PnP’s bursary administrator) receives thousands of application forms each year and it is therefore not possible for us to acknowledge receipt of all completed forms. All applications will be considered and selection will take place from September to December. All applicants will be notified of the outcome not later than 31 December.
Contact Studietrust if you need more information: